If you don’t have a website compatible with mobile smartphones, you’re missing out on customers.
The main problems with NOT having a “mobile friendly” website is :-
- Text too small to read
- Buttons too small
- Must “pinch and zoom” to see site
Mobile Friendly Websites are :-
- Formatted so the entire site fits on the phone screen
- Text is large and easy to read
- Large buttons are “thumb friendly” and make it easy for users to take action
The top actions taken after looking up local information on a Mobile Phone are :-
- Looked up business or service on a map/got directions
- Called a business or service
- Visited a business
- Made a purchase
What do you see?
- Can you read the text without zooming ?
- Can you easily find contact information ?
- Can you navigate without pushing the wrong button ?
People want to access 3 main features on their mobile phone :-
1. Tap to Call: this is a button on the site enabling the smartphone to ring your business directly from the site.
2. Directions: A map and directions on how to find your business.
3. Basic Business Information: information about your business and services, and operating hours.
More than half of Australia’s adult population now own a smartphone.
Smartphone users are local information seekers … and these local information seekers take action.
If you want to gain exposure to the fastest growing consumer base,
you need to have a website designed for mobile browsing.
Companies and professionals who have a mobile website
have a significant competitive advantage over businesses that do not.
Mobile phone screen sizes are relatively small so browsing websites that are designed for large monitors on Smartphones involves a lot of zooming in and out, panning around etc.
Therefore the design of your website for smartphones needs to take this into consideration and make best use of the small screen that is available.
If your website is not designed to take on board the above considerations it’s highly likely that someone attempting to use your website on a Smartphone won’t be on it for very long.
The bottom line:
Without a mobile-friendly site you’ll be driving users to your competition.
By you not having a mobile-friendly site helps your competitors
By The Way :- Flash content on your website isn’t shown at all on iPhones or iPads !!!